Inspite of multiple instructions from mum to not buy more makeup and a rebuke or two from my “conscience” to hold back, I did end up getting a few things from Paris. How does a girl resist shopping in Paris! huh? With my lovely husband in tow I went around Paris looking for all the French pharmacie favorites and brands not available back home.
I thought it would make for an interesting read what I got, and I might let you know what I feel about a few these products.
1. Nuxe Reve de Miel. I have mentioned this little pot of goodness more than the number of posts on this blog! Its unique product texture wise and very effective formula wise. A matte, pale yellow, honey odoured balm, which envelopes the lips with such luxury and softness! I use it day and night, winter and summer and it never fails me!
2. Lush Rub Rub Rub. Smoothest softest skin in a black tub! I went overboard when I saw this available in store and bought two! I am yet to come across a body scrub as effective, lovely smelling and affordable as this! Get this and your waxes and shaves will never be the same!
3. Caudalie Beauty Elixir. My first bottle was part of a set which I bought from a pharamacie in Seoul, South Korea. Had seen it on multiple Top Shelfs and wanted to indulge myself. I use it in more ways than one, as a mid-day refresher right after my makeup, as a toner after cleansing etc. The cooling effect feels so much nicer in summers which is when it gets use the most.
The New In:
1. Nuxe Prodigieuse Oil. I am a huge fan of the Kerastase elixir Ultime as is already professed in this post. When I saw this on discount at the pharmacie (I have been spelling it the french way you see) I was more than willing to get one! I haven’t started to use this, as its really hot here, will update once I have an opinion!
2. Jo Malone London Orange Blossom Cologne: La Marais houses a number of stand alone stores for beauty and skin care brands which I have been fascinated by. I picked up this beautiful floral perfume from Jo Malone which I liked better than the Peony and Suede one which was a new launch. Its great for spring and I have been using it sparingly as Jo Malone is hard to get here!
3. Tom Ford Lipcolor in Cherry Lush. Well this happened on an impromptu trip to Gallerie Lafayette. This is my first Tom Ford purchase and I wanted to get something stunning! just look at this one! beautiful pinky red with amazing coverage and finish. I dont have the heart to ruin the gorgeous ‘TF’on it so have been using it from the other side 😉
4. The Lush BIG Shampoo. Before I could make up up my mind to get this, Lush closed shops here! Such disappointment, but then I found this at a Lush store in Paris and bought it without much thought. May be the Lush shutdown was a sign, because I don’t like BIG much! Inspite of using it once in two weeks this dries up my hair a lot which then produces so much sebum that I have to wash it again the very next day! I have mentioned it previously here. I have no idea how I am going to finish this up!
5. Lush Comforter Bath Bomb. I bought this on a whim, to soak in some bubble bath after a tiring day of sightseeing! I have used it multiple times already and with this one you need a small bit for one soak. One of these can last you up to 8-10 times depending on how much bubble you want filled up in your bathroom!
6. Aesop Nurturing Shampoo and Volumizing conditioner: On the opposite end we have this amazing shampoo from Aesop, which I bought along with the volumizing conditioner. I got this odd pair because my scalp is dry and my hair is flat. This combination luckily works and I recommend it to anyone who has combination hair like mine.
I was also given a few samples of the Parsley seed mask and ladies, its worth all the hype! I am absolutely not going to use anything else again! It is superb! cleanses like nobody’s business and just leave glowing beautiful skin behind! I am trying hard to quickly finish up my current stash of masks before I purchase this.
Thats about what my beauty stash from Paris looked like. I didn’t buy any clothes on the trip because stores still had winter clothing everywhere and I knew I won’t require any of once I am back.
I saw a lot of other famous French pharmacie brands in stores there, but I didn’t want to experiment much, besides I had a strict someone hovering over me!