In another 6 hours we will be on our way to Barcelona! I have a habit to be over-prepared and cautious while traveling. An over packer and fussy traveller, yes thats me! Another beauty blogger cliché is to have a pre-holiday roundup up of whats in the handbag, what makeup what clothes etc, so here I am jumping on the bandwagon, head on!
I won’t go too much in the details, just a few pointers,
1. BIG handbag, I have the Longchamp Le Pliage, in a limited edition design from Korea. I actually have another one on the list this time. The fact that its waterproof also makes it great for the beach. This is also a great everyday handbag for me.
2. Laptop, thank God for the Air in my life or there was no way I could carry a heavy laptop on one shoulder. This fits in the bag easily.
3. Earphones, neck pillow, eye mask, and a pair of socks are other necessities.
4. Also add in the mix, a hair band, hair clip, face wipes (I wanted to get the gentler, Vitamin E ones, but they weren’t available!), Tooth brush and toothpaste (not shown) and a makeup-cum-medicine bag.
5. Mint box! It also helps me calm down and relax. An extra big tube of hand cream, another of those nerve easing rose smelling ones!
6. The makeup bits, Bioderma Sensibio decanted, Clarins cleanser smaple, Clinique eye roll on (GWP), Clarins Blue Orchid Face oil decanted, Chanel moisturiser decanted, YSL Touche Eclat #3, Spoolie for bushy brows, Hair bands, hair pins, Chanel Chance and Jo Malone Peony and blush Suede samples, YSL Sheer Candy in Succulent Pomegranate #4, Dior Miss Dior Body lotion (GWP), Loccitane spf lotion sample, Embryolisse sample, nail file, cotton pads, Q tips and garbage bag.
P.S: The Zara roller ball, Bobbi brown Pot Rouge and whatever is left of the shea butter hand cream I decided should go in the checked in toiletry bag. I am also not carrying any spritzes, as I find the bottles too heavy especially the Caudalie one.
7. I keep the makeup bits (whatever fits) in to a clear bag. I have one from Bobbi Brown as part of a GWP which works well. The rest just gets dumped into my Longchamp pouchette.
Clearly, this is a lot of stuff to carry! I like to have everything around as I hate panicking at 35000 ft above sea level! 😛
My clothes for traveling are mostly the same everytime, a Blue Zara skinny jeans, BIG white soft cotton shirt from MANGO, and black Zara flats. No jewelry. I also always have a big stole on me, which is especially useful for long haul flights.
I have plenty of posts coming up for you on my makeup and clothing which I am taking along, so do check back if you’d like a peek.
I hope you have a great weekend!
I will be putting up pictures on my Instagram, so if you are interested you can join me there! There will of course be a photo dump here on TCF! 🙂
Adios! Hasta Pronto!