I have been a huge fan of Bobbi Brown for years. I think this was my first high end makeup brand, even before MAC came along! I have since converted a lot of people to Bobbi Brown and absolutely love the minimalistic-neutral style of the brand. A quick post on my absolute favorites from the line
My Favorites :
- Foundation Stick : The original foundation stick is the best full coverage multi tasker there is, and is great for travelling. I have the shade Natural. Have you found yourself drooling over the Bobbi Brown University palette on youtube? No? just me then!
- Brightening Powder Foundation with spf 25 PA+++ : Asia exclusive (I think!) But oh so good! I haven’t tried any other powder “foundation” but this is just incredible! Who knew powders could cover so well and make you glow like a bulb!
- Matte Eye Shadows : For lack of a better superlative, The Bomb Dot Com. Review here.
- Cream eye shadows (pot version); creamy, pigmented, blend-able and lots of shades! The one shown is Sandy Beige. My only gripe is that the pot is tiny so I cannot dip my fingers! (grrr)
- Gel Eyeliner : The most pigmented I have used, second only to my Shu Uemura gel eye liner. This is 2 years old and as fresh as new!
- Pot Rouge : Before Chanel came into my life, this was my go to. Perfect for dry “cheeked” girls very glowy and pretty! Powder Pink is a beautiful neutral pink.
- Lipstick : I have a long discontinued Lip Shine with spf 15 Desert Rose (and its backups). Bobbi Brown has the best kind of moisturising lipsticks in the business. I have eyes on a few but have a big box of lipsticks to go through first!
- Brushes : I have a couple. BRILLIANT. I want one of each please!
Honorable mentions :
- Hydrating eye cream; Full of peptides, plumping, softening and very nice texture. Pricey!
- Eye Shadow Stick : These are lovely, pigmented beautiful shades and non-creasing. They can be a bit pricey but definitely more forgiving than the UBER expensive ByTerry ones. If you are in the market of crayon eye shadows try KIKO.
- Skin Foundation; have tried it once and its the next best thing to my MAC face and body. That is saying a lot!
- Powder blush; amazing quality but too tiny a pan!
- Everything Mascara; A lot of people swear by it, its nice, non clumpy and great for everyday
- Lip Gloss : Easily among the top lip glosses in the market! I have a clear one (Crystal), part of a freebie, and such amazing quality. I love mixing it with a matte color and wearing on the lips.
- Blush brush
- Hydrating Face Cream
- Skin Foundation
- Natural Bronzer
I did a similar post but much more detailed post on my favorite MAC products here. What are you Bobbi Brown Heroes?