I have been dying to sit down and chat about makeup for the longest time! I have been very happy with my current rotation and the holiday and my absence from the blog just kept postponing this post! As you can sense I am really excited to share my picks for the month which ill be more than happy to stick to. Most products have actually been in use since last month and I don’t see them being swapped out any time soon!
I have come to really enjoy my 1×1 time with the makeup drawers, and the joy when I rediscover an old love.. EPIC! For this month I had a lot of oldies to include and show them some much deserved love! For once in my life I am okay with using the same products day in day out for months and not getting bored. Finally, I am enjoying the process of using more than acquiring! Finally, I am steady on a spending ban, because I haven’t bought any new product for over a month now and don’t feel the need either! Might sound crazy to some, but I was getting really worried about my constantly bloating makeup collection, wasting away due to lack of use. Thats so sad! I think I may have finally overcome that annoying itch to get every new thing and every pretty lipstick. I just pray it doesn’t change!
Make a dent
1. Bobbi Brown Brightening Skin Powder Foundation : This was an Asia Specific product, bought a long time back! Time I made some progress. This is actually quite good with a natural luminosity, medium coverage, non-drying and spf 25 PA+++. Pretty much everything I need for a day out!
2. MAC Hug Me : Do not like this lipstick at all! I bought it foolishly in the store lighting thinking it’ll make a good nude, but the blue tones look pretty off! hopefully with MAC Dervish lipliner this’ll work. Its a Lustre finish.
3. YSL Touche Eclat : my tube of this is on its last legs, so I am determined to finish it off before the end of the year! I have been using it for a couple of months now and with the Real Techniques Contour Brush, it is dreamy!
1. For concealing/brightening I found a tube of the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer in the stash, and have only now realised how amazing it is! This is very very similar to the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in texture and because the shade is little lighter than the Nars, it works really well for my current complexion.
2. When it comes to lip products my No. 1 right now is the MAC Mineralize Rich lipstick in Glamour Era. The ultimate MLBB for me with a natural rosiness and enough pigment to cover any discoloration. I LOVE IT. Might I add that I love it more than Nars Tzigane? I know HUGE deal! I never wear it intensely, a little dab over the lips looks best and natural and just the way I like it! Thankfully this part of the permanent line so you can take your time to try it out and decide! Highly recommended!
3. Another old favorite is the MAC’s Cream Color Base in Hush. I have spoken about it here. This is a lovely subtle creamy rosegold highlighter which can be won sheer or built up for drama and works really well with my complexion. Does not have much color pay off which I prefer and reflects light in the most gorgeous way! Also, my current blush obsession : Mac’s Gingerly. Been kicking myself for not paying attention to this one earlier, anything similar to Chanel’s Destiny can do no wrong in my mind!
1. For the coming season, I have given my usual brown liners a break and gone for a deep black and golden, KIKO Vibrant eye pencil in black and MAC’s Powersurge, respectively. Powersurge is beautiful both as an eyeshadow and in the waterline, and the slight green undertones in it look super pretty with Red lipstick.
2. Now about that red I had mentioned. A recent back-to-MAC gave me the opportunity to pick a free MAC lipstick, and I was feeling adventurous! With both Diva and Russian Red out of stock, I tried Dubonnet, an amplified finish and bam! The perfect, full coverage, deep red lipstick I have always wanted! Its just so so good! I am mighty impressed, and the slight brown tones work beautifully with Gingerly.
This is my current stash and I feel really content! I have decided not to spend on new makeup until I have used up some of the existing stuff and avoid wasting both money and material!