With a couple of days to go for a rather long flight to Australia, I thought some “whats in my bag” posts were in order. I am sharing my in-flight beauty bag today because I am dead serious about it and its the first thing I have assorted and kept aside in the name of “packing”
- I need a cleanser on me – “Micellar Water” shall not do and I don’t know what wipes are! I have invested in a lot of Tata Harper minis over the past year and refilling before each trip works just fine. Here I have the Refreshing Cleanser (in the Purifying Cleanser bottle)
- I always carry some treatment/serum with me on the plane. I find myself too shy for sheet masks and face oils or hydrating serums under moisturiser work much better with my constitution. This roll-on tube of Tata Harper’s Replenishing Nutrient Complex checks every box. Also, no spillage!
- My current favorite lip balm is the Smith’s Minted Rose. This is minty, hydrating, glossy, plumping and VERY cutely packaged!
- Some sort of mist – Avene’s Thermal spring water is as uncomplicated as it gets. And it works.
- I carry enough makeup in my carry-on to see me through the trip in case I lose my luggage (God forbid!). A concealer that can cover up anything – Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. My shade is Ginger
- Chanel Les Beiges powder with a tiny kabuki brush
- Nars Rikugien Satin Lip Pencil – “satin” means I can get away with using it on both lips and cheeks. I have tried it and it works!
- Some sort of perfume to smell ladylike again.
- a hand cream – Aesop Resurrection because it smells good and keeps me from nauseating.
- Toothpaste and toothbrush – obviously (in fact the only essential essential)
- Migraine and stomach medicines
- Hand sanitizer
- I also keep a plastic zip bag in case the security checks require me to stash beauty products in clear bags. This also comes handy if something threatens to leak.
In my carry on I also always keep a book or two, my neck pillow, a big jacket or small blanket-cum-scarf and an eye mask to shut off the light.
What are your essentials?